View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
As far as I am concerned they have gone to far. I admit that we needed some of the areas cleaned up but they have pretty well banned all quadding in the mountain and foothills areas of southern Alberta. Some of you will say good and that is your opinion other voters have good ideas as well.
When heli hiking first started I was against it until someone pointed out to me that most people heli hiking could not walk to the high alpine lakes and flying them in gives them a chance to enjoy the alpine areas. The same for quadding it allows Albertans the chance to see areas they would never enjoy if they had to walk. Some cannot walk others chose not to. Just like speeding limits on our highways we need regulations for all back country users. But we do not ban everybody who disagrees with you.
Just because Shannon Phillips and her Y2Y connections and her green peace connections who want to shut down the tar sands do not like it other 'Albertans who also have a say in what goes on Alberta can come up with a solution for everyone.
totally agree