View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
Quartering a moose by any means takes quite a bit more out of a knife than dressing and skinning a deer, all that hair really dulls up a knife. I have some old Scrades and the afore mentioned Bucks that will easily handle a deer but will not quarter a moose without re-sharpening.

Not trying to call you down, I've heard plenty of people belittle the stainless Grohmanns. But from my own experience which is mostly with the newer ones it is my theory that much like every other major knife maker, their earlier experiments with stainless steel were hit and miss. From my own experiences I would say they have corrected that.

I guess I got an older stocked one then. It doesn't hold an edge near as long as my Dad's and his is over 30 years older than mine.

Like you, not starting anything, just expressing actual, real world experience with these products, not the coulda/shoulda's. Like I said, I really do like it, it just doesn't hold an edge as long as most of my other knives. Nothing more, nothing less.