View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Banned

Default big pike

............i know a shudn't do this 'cause i'll be called for bulls****ting.
this story is the gospel truth, even tho i don't have a pic for u.

several years ago, i was belly boating for rainbows on Diefenbaker lake in southern Sask. i was using a 5 weight fly rod and had a 6 pound leader on, with a brown wet fly about 3/4 of an inch long. same old story......i thought i'd snagged on something, until it started to move.

now the amazing part....after 45 min. i finally got a look at what was on the other end of the line and it was the second largest pike i've ever caught. my friend helped me catch it (by hand of course, as we only had a small trout net). we measured it while it was lying in the water and it was '48 inches long.

my buddy picked it up in his arms and we headed for shore to take some pics, but before we got there, the fish threw a fit and he wasn't strong enough to hold it.

when i heard the commotion, i looked around just in time to see the fish going back into the lake, which is where it was going anyway, i just wish it wud have waited until we took som pics.

there are some monster pike in that lake, if anyone wants to go somewhere where theres a chance of getting the BIG one.