Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
So, an asteroid killed everything? And then life started over again? So where would we find this asteroid? You can prove it definitively, can't you?
Are you daft? The asteroid didn't kill everything; some critters survived the nuclear winter aftermath; one of them being the small shrew-like critter that every single mammal on this planet evolved from over the period of 65 million years. This is common knowledge and supported by the fossil record.

And yes, we can prove it. Folks who follow science instead of reading the same book over and over kind of, you know, discover things.

Chicxulub crater, The Wiki of same.

Quote:
Actually a lot more evidence for creation. I haven't met the human scientist yet who could replicate life. If it was so easy and natural, we'd see it every day.

There is no evidence for 'Creation'. At all. None. It has to be entirely made up and them ingrained hard with faith to make it work. One glance at data reduces it to so much marsh gas.

Quote:
Oh, wait...there was those guys who zapped some "soup" and made wait for it.... life? No; wrong! They succeeded in making amino acid; you know the building blocks of life. Except it was just amino acid and that type would not support life.
Incorrect. It could not support life as it currently stands; the very earliest form of life was far simpler than bacteria; it wasn't even DNA or RNA at that point. It took billions of years for it to start changing, and during that time the conditions were changing on the planet, allowing for things to happen to the goo... making things more hospitable for life.

Quote:
There were enough people to see when it happened, so they wrote about it. It's called the Bible.

You were born a couple, few thousand years too late!
Using your own arguement, 'WERE YOU THERE?' If the answer is no, then congratulations; you have just disproved your own bible.

Quote:
You already believe "anything". Strained at the gnat, and swallowed the camel.
I don't know - I stopped believing in fairy stories a long time ago, and now I don't believe what I'm told until I can study just what they are on about.

Ugh, I don't even know why I bothered to post. The scientifically illiterate never read anything and never want to understand...

Last edited by 762Russian; 02-11-2012 at 11:13 AM.