Thread: Bow Burbot
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 11:19 AM

You make a good point Lethal, I agree with you. I was not aware that so many people frequent this board, and that it is abused by lazy legs. You are right, secret spots are to enjoy on your own - or with good buddies.

I remember reading a post you placed in reply to someone asking where to fish on the Bow in Calgary, and you suggested Fishcreek to a few people. Which is good, one can still catch fish there, but it is a zoo with people. If someone wants the goods, they must put the time in like everyone else to get their own secret spots. I picked up on this, so when someone is asking for a few good spots in a certain area, I only mention the busy well known places. That way, a newbie to the area still gets a place to fish, and they enjoy themselves. For those of us who are a little more advantageous, we keep the masses out of our spots, and we have our own fun.

Thanks for your posts, all of you. I hope I run into you on the water sometime. For those poaching, littering, ignorant goofs who are just here to clean out as many fish as possible, and stink up our sport; we are watching. Ever eaten a candy bar wrapper? Throw one more on the ground with me around and it will be a nice side dish to your beer bottle.

Am I getting older and bitter? No. But I have picked brown glass out of my foot.