Thread: Mule Deer Mount
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 09:05 PM

I was going to donate an older whitetail mount and found out that most organizations have so many mounts donated that some of the mounts are just put into storage.

A person can donate the mount to anyone as long as they sign a billing of lading and a document of donating outright or conditionally (for a set period of time).

Otherwise a person has to take the mount to a F&W office and have the mount registered. Then after 3 years you can legally sell the mount to anyone anywhere. Probably a permit needed for exporting it out of province too.

As a person gets older a mount collection is something to consider as far as estates. I know my adult urbanized kids wouldn't want my mounts. I did donate one mount to a younger fellow that will enjoy having it for the next 40 years. His family ties have land next to where I shot the deer so the mount still has it's local story.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets