View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 01:46 PM

the 900 has a range of 8kms, now knock some of that down for hills, shrubs, etc... even if it was 5 kms thats a long long looong ways when your bird hunting.

Realistically even with a Britney your not having it anywhere near over 1 km max at any time. I have hunted with them, and yes I know how they love to run and run. But you still need control, if your dog is pointing at a bird 1 km away, you think your going to get there with it still pointing at the bird. The bird will be long gone. You need to work together as a team.

If your using cougar dogs and they are running and treeing a cat that is a different story.

I do understand needing the range if/when the dog takes off on you as a Brit will do one day. But with even if its down to 5kms real world you have plenty of time for a recall if your paying any sort of attention.

Nothing ruins another groups hunt like a random dog running through with no one even close to the dog.

Anyways the Asto 900 is what I know my good friend uses for their Britt, and its $400 off today at Cabelas.