View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 04:34 PM

Perhaps we could all join together and pool our resources, together we could purchase all the Crown land surrounding Canmore as well as any crown land adjacent to the urbanized acreages SW of Calgary and establish some hunting-only sanctuary lands. No eco-tourism or mountain biking allowed. No Subaru's, or Volvo's either. You must have a pickup truck to gain access, but you can't go driving everywhere and spooking the game.... or rutting the picturesque landscape. We won't be having any "Indian Graves campground on May long weekend" activities on our hunting & fishing preserve. Behave yourselves: we have guns

On a serious note: It'd be great to have nice chunk of land bought at a good price to call your own, but how long would we allow sales of national property to continue? How would we preserve public lands for the future use of all of us if we allowed it all to be sold off? I know most of us, myself included, would jump at the chance to buy a 1/4 section or more of crown land to fulfill our dreams on. But then once we had our land, we wouldn't want all the crown land adjacent to our land sold off. Now our land is less valuable.... and those new neighbors are not doing what we wanted done with that land...... Now that I have my land I am in vehement opposition to the government allowing any more Crown land sales.

( I'd still buy what I could and then take the latter stance. I could live with being a hypocrite if I had my own trickling stream, rolling hills, game-filled bush and grassy meadow)