View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post
Sometimes I hate posting replies because it seems argumentative to people offering hard earned experience. That's not the case, I do like to discuss things though.

Those spikes I'm using are very convenient and really not terribly expensive. It takes more time in the shop building them but it's warm in there and can be done at night or in the off season.

I may look into using tubing to secure the nail on the snare which would eliminate the 1/8 ferrule but still hold the nail in the right spot to achieve the desired loop size.

I'm confident that I could set my fourth ever snare pole and be waiting in the truck while you're still cutting wire. It's that easy.

If you guys are using 1/16 1x19 you're missing beaver by not catching extremities as efficiently as a 7x7 it's as simple as that in my mind.

Once again thanks for the suggestions, maybe I'm making a mistake not listening in which case you guys will get the last laugh and I'll save someone else the hassle of trying this method.
Its what works for you, I use 1x19 with a cam lock I have pulled out a few hundred beaver this way.