View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 09:07 AM

Everything will last to a certain age as long as you take proper care of it.
That being said, some products, including cars are better than others. That is the hard truth no matter how some guys spin it.

What I find hilarious is the people saying my truck is really good, only had a couple minor issues such as........

To me, and I believe Elkhunter mentioned it too, a reliable vehicle means no problems at all.

For example, my Tacoma, which I bought new is now 6 years old, just passed 140k, and has had literally ZERO issues. No problems, no repairs, nothing.
All it is getting is proper maintenance in the form of timely oil changes with synthetic, tire changes, fluid changes and that's it. I am still on my original brakes and I tow a camping trailer every year multiple times.
The truck has done everything I have ever asked of it and more. I think my truck has done more work and play than half the city princess trucks out there.

I know pricing has gone up over the last few years but when I look at the price I paid for my truck and compare it to a similar domestic for around the same price, a question arises...What does the price difference mean when a mid-size truck from Toyota costs the same as a full size from the big 3??
In my opinion, it's the R&D, quality of parts and overall build quality.

Everyone makes different choices when it comes to vehicles and in no way are they all trouble free, however there are some clear front runners when it comes to reliability and quality and not to mention value retention...
To each their own, I prefer to spend money wisely on a proven, reliable products from Toyota.