View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 12:36 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
That's easy, because not all breeds can hunt birds. Allot of breeds couldn't care less about birds and they won't hunt them for you. If I take my Yorkie Jack out bird hunting with me I'm the only one hunting....he's just going for a walk. The same goes with allot of other breeds and no matter how hard that you try to train them to hunt birds they aren't going to do it.

I don't see why it wouldn't work here, I'm sure that it would. I'm just saying that maybe not everyone that decides to take a dog out there, should. I wouldn't take my old Britt out there because I don't think that he's the right type of dog to be there but a different owner of the same exact dog might think it's okay to do.

As long as everyone realizes that when you sign a blank cheque saying that any dog is allowed to accompany you, anyone can take any dog out there. If you are prepared to share the bush with any dog then it's all good. I'm being being the devil's advocate here.
I didn't say they'd all chase birds....I just said they'd be in exactly the same position as a pack dog at the same time of year. It's basically already legal and it's not meyhem out there...what would change if you were carrying a rifle instead of a shotgun? I never said you could train them all to hunt bird but you can train ALL dogs to heel and lie down. Training a pack dog is so much simpler, nothing more than basic obedience.

A Devil's advocate brings contrary thought supported by evidence to a discussion...honestly I've seen none of that from you. You've just showed your lack of understanding of dogs and dog training......I appreciate a good devil's advocate....but in this discussion, I don't see you as being it.