View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 AM

off topic again....

I used to work in a Gas station on the Alaska Highway.... Played a few tricks on the arrogant ones....

Had one guy in September ask me about winterizing his vehicle as he was going to Alaska would be coming home on ferry in two weeks... I said it would be Ok the only thing he had to worry about was his tires.... The summer air in them would compress and his tires would deflate so i said here we are in winter air and that he should empty out the summer air and put in winter air and to do that very 500 miles. he pulled over to the compressor and spent an hour draining and filling each tire!....

Another one come in and was really rude.... his brand new Toyota Lexus was running rough (I disconnected a plug wire when checking oil).. and said that it was such a new car that he shold go down the road to the exhaust shop and that he needed his muffler bearings replaced as the air pressure here is different and that it was a free replacement.... away he went... i called the exhaust shop and told them to feed him a story and keep it going... he went all over town and ended up at Canaian tire where another friend works.... i told hi to bring the car in and fix it.... reconnect the plug wire.... This guy showed up there with a drawing, a part number.... FN-ID-10T.... and knew everything there was to know about a muffler bearing....

We had a busload of them and they were all rude and they were looking for the Alaska Highway.... in Fort St. John... so I told them they missed the turn and to go back to Dawson Creek and talk to the gas station guy there and he would get them on the right path..... Saw them 2 hours later....