View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned

Jamie;

There is a lot of great fishing opportunities around the Island that a person can do inshore. I personally have not yet in 30 some years of going out to the coast ever had to head to the outside. Now sure there are years we probably could of done better on the outside but we have always been able to get our fish in close. And in some area's I have seen guys enjoy days of fishing in car toppers and do very well on big fish while doing it.

As far as the Charlotte's being as cheap as the Island,, sorry not even close. Now yes there are expensive Lodges on the Island but if you want to do it on a budget,, well you can do it on a budget on the Island you can't do it on a budget in the Charlotte's.

You can drive from Calgary or Edmonton in 14hrs to many a good place on the Island. You can be to Sooke from Calgary in a vehicle in 13hrs,( $300.00 gas return in a decent Vehicle) stay at a clean but yes budgeted motel ( $60.00/day) a couple guys book a charter ($650.00/day) split is $325.00 a piece do this for a 3 day trip which on a year like this is you will get plenty of fish and nice fish as well. Now add this up and tell me if this puts you in the Charlotte's.

Gas = $300.00
Motel = 4 nights @ 60.00/night = $240.00
3 day charter = $2200.00 with gratuities.
Stay at a kitchenettes and throw in $300.00 for grub.
Not going to add in fishing licenses cause you got to get those any place or booze if thats your thing cause thats never included in an exclusive either.

So we have a total of $3040.00 split it at least in half cause you gots to take a buddy you will be on a great fishing trip for 3 days for around $1500.00 !! again try this in the Charlotte's good luck.