View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyDistracting View Post
Lol
Truth hurts huh?
If you fixed Fords you would have ran into the same things!
I also was a body man for oh 20 years back in the day. You really have a hate on for Fords lol. I have fixed all brands, what you seem to miss is, they all rust out in the same areas, some worse some not so bad, really depends on the owners up keep. Even the 100G Benz will rust.

Have I heard about Ford's Alum panel issues from my friends who still work in the trade? yup but not to the extent you say they have. Your in the Ford side of the trade, assume a dealer, so ya, you get to see all the warranty crap stuff. I'm a Ford guy and someone who has been in the trade and painted vehicles. I wouldn't say Ford has terrible finishes from what I seen. What kind of finish do you expect from mass produced facility and a robot? Light coverage and peeling paint has plagued many brands over the years. Seems like fit and finish control has slipped at the factory. Ya they can engineer some horrible part removal to get at another part, seen that 20 yrs ago. One thing the Japanese have us beat on when building vehicles.

Sorry for the derail OP, Uncles have Eco Boosts, pull skid steer etc and love them. I rented one to pull my 84, 24 ft Trailer(5000lbs). Loved it, like it wasn't there. Trailer did push the truck a bit and it ate the fuel. Not meant for bigger towing but for a cargo trailer here and there, you will love that truck.