View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeelmer View Post
The one thing you need to watch for, some surgeons specialize in lets say a fusion, so they will only recommend a fusion, as that is what they get paid for, they will rarely ever recommend anything else. Why? Money, thats why. Don't kid yourself, it is all about the cash to alot of surgeons.
You need to do some of your own research, and I know it sucks in Canada that way as you have to wait sometimes years to get into a surgeon, but do your self a bit of research. I spend a good while in the hospital last year with a blown out disk at C3 it was pinching on my spinal cord(had a stroke at the same time) Seen some spine surgeons at foothills calgary, and after some research, found out they 80% of the time remove the disk.
I sent my MRI and all other files to a doctor in the states for a second opinion.(I have a friend here in Alberta that is a doctor and this is what he suggested I do) And there was a totally different recommendation. Without writing a book here, I had no surgery, and after 8 months and alot of work done, I am back to normal, and did not have any invasive cutting or fusing. And it did not cost me a first born, nor did I ever have to go to the states.
Just my experence, but going under the knife is not always the only option.
Very true. However, in my case Cundal told me I could have artificial disc replacement from Dr. Bouchard. I inquired about wait times and he figured 12-18 months on top of the 36 months I already had in this hell.
I asked him would he do the fusion and he obliged willingly.
He was not out for self interest.
Always helps to do your own research though and we have to know our own bodies as well.
Can be a tough situation regardless.