View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post
My youngest son is 13yrs old. Getting tired of him always bugging me to shoot my guns. Time for his own.
He loves shooting my Marlin 795, and my old single shot .410. The .410 is a bit too long (have kept my eyes open for a youth model, lost out on one at the last gun auction), and I only have the one semi auto. I'm thinking of giving him the semi auto and getting myself a lever action, just for fun. But, the lever actions are really safe, I'm thinking a perfect choice for a first timer.
The other option would be to cut down the .410 to fit him, and then refit it when he grows out of it?
What have you guys done with your kids when they start getting into the shooting sports?
I have 4 sons and before they started shooting I picked up a single .22 a 410, 20 gauge and later a 243. At this time I pretty well stopped buying the kids toys, from them on for birthdays and xmas I would buy them good fishing gear, a bow, or a rifle. Worked well and some of the guns were handed down as they grew out of them and the younger boys into them. The boys are all grown now and have other firearms/bows but I still have the 4 guns and 2 of the bows mentioned and the grandson/granddaughter have started shooting a couple of them.