View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 11:25 PM
AO Sponsor

My understanding is the basic test for echinococcus is definitely the ultrasound. If the ultrasound is positive, then your blood needs to be tested. There is only one lab in the world that performs the proper test??? And then only if they find cysts in your liver. 3 month waiting list.

Over counter worm meds 100% useless. Medication would be administered after surgical removal for a three year period. Its serious dtuff!

It is also my understanding that we can inhale this thing and it end up in our lungs??? Again, I’lm not sure but intend to find out. I had a chest x-ray to liok into some 18 month respiratory cold symptoms i had, no cysts in there so they considered my lungs clean as well. Im going to ask a doc that knows some further questions on it and will let you know.

Cyst removal in liver is surgical. I do believe if we got it in our lungs they would have to use radiation. However, i havent heard much on that one, just from reading online.

Apparently this thing is a muscle worm which is why regular worm meds dont work and why such intense treatment and heavy meds are needed for such a long time.

The medical community is not totally up on this condition, there is much unknown about it. One AB trapper that’s packing cysts is believed that his immune system has destroyed his three cysts, but another potential is that this thing could go dormant??? Again, much is not known. Time will tell. Same guy is going to have a biopsy done in hopes it will shed more light on the status of this guy’s condition. If the parasite is dead, wonderful! If live or dormant then the cysts are getting surgically removed.

One other point if cysts are found in your liver... 5% of the population apparently has cysts on/in their livers, non-echinococcus related. So even if they find cysts on your liver, you are not necessarily echinococcus positive.

Hope this helps. I hope i am accurate!