View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
You want to spend big money on rods then go for it, but I dont think you need nearly as many rods as you have listed there. One light action rod for small streams or stocked pond trout fishing. One medium fast action rod for larger trout and walleye fishing, and one heavy action longer rod for big pike.
That is all I would buy, 1 rod for trout, a new rod for walleye and pike and then a heavy rod. As mentioned for my jigging rod I would just use my jack of all trades that I already have and if I find a good perch hole I might invest in a nice small lightweight rod for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I have a few spinning rods in the garage with softer action and there they sit ...... in the garage.

I can't seem to pry myself away from my responsive, crisp fast action and extra fast action rods ......... I'm addicted to the superior feel and control I guess.

This thread has definitely made me think - Maybe I will brush the dust off and give them a try this summer .........
One thing that I have noticed is that spinning rods seem to be softer then casting rods for some unexplainable reason. Maybe that is just my mind playing games with me but it always seems like my rods have always been faster acting then when fishing with family and friends (most of which are spinning gear guys).