Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=nof60;1296701]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Cal View Post
Ok one more. You chose to omit the fact that the ones who fortold of Jesus and need the transition from old to new ans need a Saviour do not belive JC was that guy. In case you fail to remember gods covenant was with the jews and they think JC was nothing more than a prophet at best, a nobody at worst. So in order for the Jesus myth to hold more value than the egyptian myths do you not think that the ones who prophesied his coming aught to at least believe rather than still be waiting for a messiah?
The above noted was not written by me, I believe it was written by nof60. I have no idea how my call sign was attached to it; nevertheless here is my response:

What you are saying is supposition at most. A study of the Old Testament will show that God’s covenant people walked away from Him on numerous occasions, often resulting in their enslavement. If one were to study the New Testament they might see that the laws, rituals...etc. of the Old Testament were fulfilled in Christ. In other words, as a Jew, Jesus did all that was required of Him by law. Therefore, when He allowed Himself to be placed upon the cross, after fulfilling all the requirements, death also came to the old covenant. In those times when a King was taken captive they were hung by a tree as a display that they had become a curse. Therefore everything that was summed up in Christ became a curse the moment He was hung and died upon the tree (cross). And it remains a curse or stumbling block for those who chose to continue following in the Old ways. This is why Jesus sat with his disciples, broke bread, and drank the wine in the making of a new covenant, because He was about to bring the Old to an end in order to begin in the New - “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins” (Matthew 26:28). Paul well versed as a Pharisee, one who was originally against Christ, spoke about this in His epistles after his conversion - “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." (Galatians 3:13). Even the parables of Jesus Christ make reference to the change that was about to happen in that you do not put Old into New - “no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins" (Mark 2:22). Jesus in every since of the word was God; and was preparing to make His presence and path of salvation known or available to the entire World. The Devil believed he was putting an end to Christ upon the cross, without realizing that he involuntarily aiding in the fulfillment and prophesy of God’s word.

Many Jews did believe He was the Messiah, as stated above Paul was a Jewish Pharisee (an interpreter and teacher of the law). And the initial churches were composed of Jews who embraced Jesus as their Messiah. God’s plan was not solely focused on the Jewish nation; His focus was on the world – "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). Afterall, He created it so why would He not want to fill it? This is why there had to be a New Covenant, so that the blessing would also be for the Gentiles as it was for the Jews. In Christ there is no discrimination between Jew and Gentile and there never was – “There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:28). However, much of the process began with the Jews. Do you think Abraham was a Jew? The word Jew came from the name 'Judah', who was one of the original 12 sons of Jacob, who was after Abraham the father of all nations. You might consider study, to see how many Jewish-Christian reside in present day Jerusalem. Many Jewish people have accepted Jesus as their Messiah. The ones that are still waiting have missed the boat, but there is still hope for them because they have witnesses in their land.

Last edited by 30Cal; 02-10-2012 at 01:31 PM.