View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 09:44 AM

Default Another "which rifle" thread.

To my surprise my wife started encouraging me to get another rifle, "But this time get exactly what you want". I hadnt really planned on getting another one any time soon but it seems like too good of an opportunity to let pass, so I plan on selling off a few and getting just one nice rifle to do the bulk of my hunting with. I'm planning on spending 1-2K on the rifle, being primarily a bush hunter I don't really want a barrel longer than 22", and the rifle needs to be fairly light for stillhunting all day. Here's a few rifles I've been considering, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Winchester M70, either a Featherweight or a Extreme Weather model.

Weatherby Vanguard Camila, I know its supposed to be a lady's gun but I handled one and liked the way it felt, like the short barrel and wood stock.

Henry Long Ranger, I've been hunting with bolt guns so long I'm not real sure about this one. But I like the way it handles, the short barrel, and the iron sights.