View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Get what you want. My must haves on hunting rifles ( for still hunting, thick bush)
Short. 22" or less barrel
Low comb. To accommodate low mounted scope and irons
Iron sights
Low powered scope in qd rings
Flush fit mag or internal mag
under 8lb loaded

Btw hunting with a lever action is awesome for mid-short range. Pump actions are also great for hunting thick stuff. But ultimately get what you want and what points and feels perfect
Pretty much my same criteria. Personally, I'd like the rifle a little closer to 7.5lbs, and being that I like to stick to using one rifle all season I also want to be able to make the occasional 300 yard shot when hunting river bottoms and more broken country.

I started hunting with a borrowed 94 and liked it, but more recently I went through a pump action phase and ended up going back to bolt actions, so I'm wary of experimenting too much at this point. Specifically I'm not sure how much I'm going to like using a hammer cock safety with a low mounted scope. I'm uncommonly particular about my safety's.

Last edited by Bushleague; 08-14-2020 at 12:31 PM.