View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 08:41 PM

The privacy law thing I've experienced with the bank, in this case my wife was not permitted to address an issue where our credit card was under my name, which was an inconvenience to her and she did feel slighted. It was an oversight on my part when I signed up for the card some 20 years ago ....

Same thing in reverse happened to me, on our Shaw account, it's in her name and they won't talk to me about service changes.

Most institutions and businesses don't want the exposure I guess.

As far as banks being intrusive, I get calls, solicitation all the time, as I have very little investments in my personal bank, 95% of it is elsewhere - yet they do occasionally see some money moving in/out from my brokerage accounts and other institutions I deal with - they are, after all, in business to make money and they want a piece of the action.

I am not cutting them out of the action on purpose, or for any other reason, it's just that at a former job the company set us up with a brokerage firm, for our stock options, and they have been very good to me and given me excellent advice, support and seem to actually pay attention to me and my interests .... and this feels good knowing that I'm not Joe big roller and they still service my account.

I'm not sure I'd get the same attention from my main bank, and I am not compelled to switch for any reason.