View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ram View Post
No I don't guide for that guy.
And Diamond K. That is a true statement. I turn away hunters by the dozens week in and week out. The recession in the states has not slowed my outfit down in the slightest way. Allocations for sale? Not here, we are constantly on the look out to expand and buy more allocations. Like I said, business couldn't be better! Even though things have slowed down for a lot of outfitters with the down turn in the U.S economy, there's still piles of people down there with a lot of money. I could sell triple the hunts per year as I do now, I just don't have the allocations to do so. Nor do I want to be that "Big" of outfitter.
And with the cover story on Big Buck Mag. I have been in touch with Mr.Longman who how been in touch with Gary in talks to a cover story on His Magazine. They even had me send them a bunch of photos already to proof for the cover story. Again, true statement. They came to me with wanting to do an article and I told them I wanted cover story or I wouldn't do a story at all. Now at this time I've decided "not to do an article at all". No point, the world has already seen the tremendous 2012 220" whitey we killed. Although I'm a huge fan of the magazine and have been for 20years, I realize the story won't do much for my already jam packed booked years in advance outfitting business. All the article would be for, would be just for the sake of being in the magazine itself.
Dude I am not a hater and that is a great buck. Do I think anyone convicted of a wildlife offence be allowed to be an outfitter/Guide. Nope, but I dont have that power so dont dwell on it.
I have no solid evidence that this deer was not harvested leagally and wont comment further on that but you need to quit contridicting yourself in every post. You say here you are on the lookout for more allocation but you dont want to expand to be the "big" outfitter.

You say you contacted Big Buck and then you say they came to you.

If a publication like Big Buck wants to give you publicity than dont be crazy and refuse unless you think you have a bigger deal in the work.

Step back get your story straight and come back. Right now all you are doing is reinforcing why there is so much mistrust and dislike for outfitters in this province. I am actually surprised APOS has not already told you to back away.