View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
If a kid saw their mom with her face punched in and bloodied, it's an issue. I saw that at least once a month growing up.

I also have taught many students who fled Syria and saw rows of dead bodies, including babies and cousins lined up in the streets. Remember, in the Muslim culture martyrs are celebrated. A brother and sister showed me the pics on their cell phone of their cousin with his brains blown out. It was a disturbing image. They were proud of him. I ended up sharing a meal with the parents later that year and they showed me videos on youtube of barrel bombs being rolled out of Assad's helicopters literally 20 ft above apartment buildings, and the bodies stacked up on the road after the dust had settled.

Trust me, when experiences trigger kids they trigger them.

Also keep in mind that a good percentage of students are Muslim and therefore the killing would have to be Halal (throat slit). Have you heard a pig squeal? I am sure you have.

Not worth the risk at all.
When you put it that way it makes complete sense. I imagine biology 20-30 would be hard for them as well as I believe dissection was part of the curriculum. Was thinking it would work well combined with Outdoor Ed but not sure that is even offered anymore.