View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 11:27 AM

In defence of archery,...

For any hunter that does not attempt to make the most of the opportunities available today, you should be ashamed, especially when you want to further restrict existing opportunity. How many archery hunters compared to rifle hunter numbers??? What success rate for archery hunters compared to rifle hunters? Pick up a bow and gives us an update as to your success rate,... you watch AO and see successes posted in the forum for two months (archery season), infrequently. Then November comes. Compare the number of pics from rifle success to archery success.

All the bitching only leads to lost opportunities...think before you speak.

I cannot believe this crap.

Get rid of the non-residents allocations. Cut the outfitter allocations. Give the resident the opportunity they deserve.

To date, since starting to hunt in 2007 (6 years of hunting): 2 muley archery bucks, 2 muley rifle bucks, 0 whitetail archery bucks, 3 whitetail rifle bucks, a few does of each but none with bow. No success in either category over 170". Biggest whitetail 149 1/2".

I hunt as much as possible, respect the land, the landowner and the animal, each and every year and so long as the opportunity is there I will continue to do so.