View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
I did some digging today and I was a little shocked at what I found. Despite the fact that the Rangers will now have a quality rifle that is incredibly well made and the end product is exactly what they and the CF wanted, the cost is shocking.

Like anything that is controlled by the government, costs balloon. Please don't blame the military, we don't make those decisions but.....

Look up the current population of Canada according to stats can, This procurement of 6500 rifles cost every Canadian man, woman and child......... $1.25

I know, I know........
How on earth do they turn a $1100 rifle into something that costs along the lines of a PGW?

I don't get why military procurement works the way it does with Made in Canada everything. We have dozens of allies that make arms and the amount of tax dollars thrown away doesn't help our economy any.

If procurement dollars were spent effectively we could have a far better equipped force. Or an equally equipped force with a smaller budget. Just makes no sense.

Same with the side arm procurement debacle. Just buy Glocks and Sigs and be done with it for less than 1/5 of the cost of Colt making them. Equal or better quality