View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
I dont know. From what i have seen alot of the goals are not rebound goals caused by the defense not picking up there man. Its shots from outside that just blow through. Talbot is terrible this year. Not even a shadow of his former self.

I do remeber when Dubnyk went to the Habs and the Habs organization commented on the terrible habits Dubnyk picked up from being coached by the Oiler system. He went on to be a Vezina candidate once he left the Oil..Go figure...
I’m not saying he’s playing good by any means, but he isn’t the reason why the oilers are where they are.
Maybe being extremely one dimensional is a factor. If you’re the opposing team and you limit Mcdavid to 2 points or less you’re guaranteed to win the game. The team lacks depth in every position, special teams are an embarrassment, and confidence is back to where it was prior to Mcdavid.

I’m shocked as this team is essentially the exact same as last season minus eberle and a 4th line vet and they are on the total opposite side of the spectrum.

What would you do if you were PC? I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes right now.