View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 07:58 AM

I'm guessing you bought the Tru Flare pen style flares. Yes those one do have a shelf life but as long as you store them in a waterproof storage container they will last long past the date. If you leave them in the box they will absorb moisture and fail to fire. I find one of those small pelican cases and a desiccant pack works the best.

Generally speaking, every store I have dealt with has a no return product on any pyrotechnic device. This included Wholesale, Canadian Tire, Ect. Im also guessing Cabelas grouped these flares in with ammunition and reloading components as they are basically a .22 cal blank, gun powder,strontium carbonate and magnesium. Cabela's return policy states:
Quote:
Final Sale items that cannot be returned include:

Ammunition, gun powder, primers or reloading components
Arrows (once cut to length)
Bear or dog spray
Books
Food processing equipment
Footwear insoles
Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards
Sleeping bags and mattresses (including mattress pads)
Pre-owned firearms purchased from a retail store
Special Orders (including personalized items)
Tree stands and ladder stands
Underwear, lingerie, swimsuits and base layers
Retail-location Bargain Cave items (exception: Bargain Cave items purchased on Cabelas.ca follow general return guidelines).

Items purchased from a retail location in the United States or from Cabelas.com may not be returned to a Canadian retail store. Similarly, items purchased from Cabela’s Canada may not be returned in the United States.

Other restrictions may apply. For more information please call 1.800.265.6245 or email info@cabelas.ca.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."