View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
If you are so aware of the expiry dates why would you purchase them online from a store paying minimum wage instead of seeing the item yourself in store? Do you really think the kid in the back room picking orders even knows about marine boating laws? Especially if they do not list the expiry dates on the website. If the product they sold you is not already expired they did nothing wrong. You also purchased the flares from an area where their use really is not that common. Perhaps if you purchased them from a store located on the coast where the marine laws are much more applicable you would have got some with a much longer time to expire.

I'm sorry to say, you didn't do your homework and this time you got burned. Its all part of the online shopping experience.
Marine rules are the same throughout Canada last time I checked lots of boats in Alberta.
With an online order I would assume you don't get to check the dates very easily.
I need an Epi Pen for an allergy …..24 month shelf life however one time when I got home the thing expired in less than 6 months …….it is now something I check before I leave the store.