Thread: Gt500
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
No trolling at all. Europeans understand there's more to a car than an engine is all. Its called workmanship and refinement and that's something North America has never really figured out. Hasn't been that long that NA has considered suspensions, brakes, etc important components.

Not unlike comparing a Rem 783 to a Sako. Both might shoot the same cartridge but....
Exactly right. When I was considering what to buy myself I drove a 65 GT350 convertible, then drove new Mustang and Challenger.....and bought a Porsche. Not nearly as 'powerful', but so much better, and more engaging to drive. It won't beat a NA muscle car in any straight line race, but you don't buy a Porsche to do that now do you? Although the newer 911s can certainly do a very respectable straight line run as far as that goes. (I have the 'lowly' Cayman baby brother of the 911...mid engines are amazing!)

For all intents and purposes, 275 hp in a sub 3000 lb car is way more power than you can legally use anyway, so go with the handling and drive. That was my reasoning. And, because once I drove the Porsche, there was no other decision to be made.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone