View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
After speaking with SRD, they are adamant about sticking with the 2200 applicant number when calculating wait times for a potential draw. I don't get it. Their own draw summary for 2011 clearly shows that we had 11,829 people apply for the five sheep draws we had this year, how do they calculate we'll see an 85% reduction in applicants when we add more draws? This isn't rocket science. I'm not sure why they are so intent on selling the stakeholders on a draw based on information that is this innaccurate. I'd suggest that all people that are members of any of the working groups in AGMAG let their Board and members know they are being sold a bill of goods based on some very inaccurate information. I was told that they viewed 2200 as a best case scenario. Unfortunately, the facts and history say that 11,829 is the best case scenario....speculation says it will be worse. I really hope this was just an error in the data they used and there is no other agenda here but they sure aren't willing to admit either......
Haha ya wow if they actually think that 2200 is the number, they are sadly mistaken. Unfortunatly, the 2200 people are just the guys that buy a tag each year from the sounds of it. Several hunters apply in a high-odds draw for the mere chance to have a good successful sheep hunt, yet dont buy a sheep tag every year. If they put more and more on draw, more of these guys would spread out their applications and you'd see those draw numbers stay right up near that 11,000 mark. Uggh....why doesnt SRD wake up and see this??

In any event, it sure seems like a lot of solutions to a problem that hasnt really been identified and that dont address any problems that they ARE trying to identify....

Man I cant wait to chase some Stones sheep in the upcoming years....