View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:40 PM

Default Masset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigg dogg View Post
Nice looking rig there Scott and looks like a good day of fishing.
Are you guys going back up to Massett next summer??
I have been going up the last 2 yrs with my old Grady, will be back up again for a few weeks throughout next summer. Haven't caught anything Huge yet, but it's coming
Might see you out there.
Were you guys staying out at Hidden Island campsite?
Hi Rigg Dogg
Yup I'm going back for the month of July and then again for 2 weeks in the fall.
I'm with you on the catch size . We get a couple springs around 30 each year but most are 20 and under. The halibut are only 10-20 for the most part but we get lots . They're even better now that we've got it dialed in how to get them trolling with salmon gear! My next door neighbor had his neice out last year in August and she picked up a 52 her first morning!!! I've been trying to do that for ten years up there !
I've never stayed at Hidden Island but I've had a few beers and fish'n chips there. We have one of the army houses sold off in the 90's. It's a 4 bedroom 2 bath that my father in law picked up and we've since bought of the family. We've been spending part of each summer up there since '97. I go back in the fall for the blacktails and some river fishing .
I'll keep an eye out for your Grady (awesome boats) next year. Whats her name?