Thread: The Shockey bow
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 05:32 PM

Well after reading the thread here for awhile i decided i would head down to our bow shop and just pick one up and try it for myself.

The alpine bow and the handle was to me also a little uncomfortable to get my grip on, but once i relaxed my fingers at full draw it felt real good.

Having the module system that they have they are easily changed out for draw adjustment adn the cams are a real good and stable set up.

The bow shoots amazingly quiet and very quick, once rolled over the let off was very addatable also.

The only down side that we can find on the bow is again on the backside of the handle is not wood, it is metal which in winter is going to be very cold to hold onto.

The design and shooting performance of the alpine bow is right among the top performers, hoyt,pse,bowtech. They are just starting to get more noticed in the bow market and with,jim shockey and having rocky jacobson jsut assigned to there list of guys that shoot em they should start to take off more.

Would i buy one , yes i would, and they make a great kids package also, a complete package for 450$, drop away rest and three pin sights, the bow is a good bow and i would shoot one.