Thread: Sako vs Tikka
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 09:01 PM

As posted from another site:

"Sako and Tikka are made in the same factory now in Riiminki, Finland. The barrels are identical. The actions and bolts are different.....sako's are machined while tikka has stamped and in some applications, plastic components. I've owned and collected sakos since 1976 when stationed in Germany. They are sensational out of the box rifles. The newest one I own is a tikka whitetail hunter deluxe in 7mag...it shoots as good as my older ones it just doesn't have the attention to detail the sakos have. Lets face it, the barrel is where the rubber meets the road. For the money, I consider these rifles to be totally outstanding. You just can't find more rifle for the money IMHO. That's my 2 cents. Regards, Rick."

...and I just bought a Tikka T3 Deluxe in .270 WSM for my wife. I put a Zeiss 3.5x10 by 44 mm scope on it with a Rapid Z 600 recticle. I think it shoots very well out of the box after sighting it in at 200 yrds with Federal Premium ammunition. After initial sight in my groups were 3-4 inches at 200 yrds. I think its a very nice gun, and prefer the wood finish over the plastic synthetic. Was on sale at SIR for 849.95 & came with a Sako case.