View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 06:29 PM

Default Complete ripoff and SCAM

I purchased a brand new 2012 Chevy Cruze from a GM dealership in Mississauga, Ontario on July 31, 2012. The sales representative along with his business manager sold me an enhanced coverage option (Ultimate Wrap) from FCPP (First Canadian Protection Plan.) Before signing the Time of Sale Plan including this extended top of the line warranty from FCPP, I inquired more about this warranty. Mr. ***** explicitly stated that this enhanced warranty was a 60 months or 140000 whichever comes first, and is “bumper-to-bumper” warranty. It covers everything, but not regular maintenance items such as tires, brakes, and battery as those are covered under the dealership if the vehicles is maintained at the dealership regularly. He went on to say that this warranty acts as an extension to the manufacturer’s warranty and it would give me a peace of mind. In addition, he assured me that in the event that I do not file any claims, I will be eligible for a full refund once the warranty is expired. Based on his words that this enhanced warranty is “bumper-to-bumper,” and I could get my money back if I do not use the warranty, I agreed to purchase the warranty from FCPP for the amount of $2,170.73 with tax included.

On September 09, 2015 I took my 2012 Chevy Cruze to a GM dealership in Windsor, Ontario due to the A/C blowing warm air. Upon my arrival at the dealership, I informed them that I have a FCPP extended warranty coverage and provided them with a copy of my policy. Later in the day, I received a call from the dealership stating that it was a leak in the condenser system and that they called FCPP at 3:05 pm and were on hold for approximately 45 minutes to talk to the manager there. The dealership was told that the customer (myself) would first have to authorize the removal of the A/C condenser for inspection. Pictures would have to be taken and sent to the manager, in which they would later review them and determine if the condenser is indeed covered by the warranty. If the FCPP determines that the damage was caused by impact or rust, the repairs would not be covered. The manager also advised the dealership that they would not pay for a rental vehicle for the customer (myself) until the part arrives (it takes 4-5 days to order the part.)

This is where it gets absurd, the dealership and I quote: “Now, assuming it was determined that the leaking A/C condenser would be covered by the First Canadian warranty the part could now be ordered and replaced. The customer would still be responsible for the cost of diagnosis and including the first remove/replace prior to the warranty coverage determination. This means that in order to get a picture of the part for them, the whole assembly has to be dismounted and FCPP will not cover the cost of that even if it deemed a mechanical failure.

I ended up paying $60.68 plus tax from my own pocket for the diagnosis without having the issue resolved. It is a complete waste of my time and I advise everyone to stay away from First Canadian Protection Plan. They will make sure that they make it harder for you to file a claim through them. I spoke to them personally on the phone and they were extremely rude, unprofessional, insulting and uncooperative—horrible customer service.

I advise you to do your homework and read the reviews online before signing up for FCPP warranty (First Canadian Protection Plan.) I will not make that mistake ever again, as mentioned by someone online, I would have you rather save $100 a month should some repairs are needed in the future.

This is a scam. If you have issues with them, report to the Better Business Bureau (BBB http://www.bbb.org/edmonton/business...725/complaints