View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
The thing is, and that's been my point all along, if you want to use a crossbow YOU CAN! You just have to wait for the general season. I am hunting currently in bow/crossbow/shotgun/ML and rifle zones with my bow....coincidentally, these same areas right now you can use a crossbow! Many just choose not to.

Many zones you can use your crossbow starting September 23rd.

LC
Actually the 17th but why would someone want to use a crossbow when they can use a rifle?
Why shouldn't crossbows be allowed the same early season/certain zone privileges as a compound bow?
I know the reason and its really the same concerns I have I just think we might be over analyzing it. We are concerned that we will have our hunting opportunities challenged by more "archers" in the field. The reason why you are comfortable with the use of a crossbow in a general/rifle season is the chances are that they would already be hunting with a rifle.
I get it and I can admit it but I think our concerns about this might be over stated as in speaking with friends in states and provinces that have implemented the use of crossbows in an archery season didn't actually increase the hunters by much nor the harvest rates.