View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
The irony in pointing out the small primitive weapons zone in Strathcona county as a huge crossbow opportunity while wanting to preserve archery only seasons to compound and traditional bows province wide is not lost on me.
LC question about your camp wainwright primitive weapons season...are you using a crossbow or muzzle loader? If muzzle loader is it a iron sight flint lock or a high presision sabot with pyrodex? I guess the reason I ask is it seems odd to suggest that someone should use a crossbow when they could use a different weapon with a larger advantage.
So do you not think that the way you are looking at the crossbow to be selfish as you hunt with a compound bow yet you don't want to let others hunt with a crossbow which arguably has just as many disadvantages as advantages to the compound bow one of which seems to be the proficiency in which a cross bow is shot.
I was on your side of the fence and am closer to the middle now but I guess I had a relavation that I think the whole compound vs crossbow is hogwash.
Funny enough, camp wainwright does not allow cross bows. Xbows have huge advantages over compounds - 5http://www.outdoorcanada.ca/5_Huge_Crossbow_Advantages/