View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
I think it is the other way around. You are arguing for things to stay the same way they are which is change... The walleye regulations are being changed every year to convert more and more lakes to tags without proper monitoring...

I am not against 1 fish limits been speaking out for that for quite some time. I do not even oppose slot limits as long as they are post spawning age. And as said 1 fish blanket limit will just result in closed fisheries because of fishing pressure(closest to cities crashing first then going to the next lake and over fishing it......
Closer monitoring allows for quicker response time. Doesnt have to be every lake and it doesnt need to be every year, some discretion could be used.

My method of slot limit does not require good monitoring. Nor does a minimum limit. Read the report... 50 cm minimum size limit is good enough to recover(not just maintain, recover) walleye on our lakes.

No it doesnt, but would benefit from it(talk about keeping things the same Last sentence yes if fishing pressure and other are under control. 50cm can still fail if to many fish are removed.

The only reason the tag system is being used is to confront the issues of the hockey stick fish stunting which could lead to long term issues. It isn't being used because it is the only way to maintain our walleye numbers, it is being used to try to have better control of the size of the fish.

A slot limit also helps combat hockey stick growth, as does stocking. The tag system is far from our only option.

I don't guess. I read the facts provided to me by the government... You should try doing the same so that we can converse in an intelligent argument rather then having to listen to you spout crap like this.

I have read it too. If you are not guessing, im not sure what you are doing. lol

Don't worry though I will do the leg work... Here is the blanket statement provided on every netting report. The actual estimated percent of each test is also given.

We are talking 100's if not 1000's of walleye killed in test nets every year and you want to make it a more regular occurrence? Maybe we should just get rid of the netting period, then there would for sure be enough walleye for the recreational fishermen...
You realise they used to commercial fish most lakes right.
Got it no test netting because RAV cant keep them. Doesnt matter that they get valuable information from it.

I also do think 1 fish limits are the way to go. But not blanket though, other tools required such as tags possibly some others too.

Do not underestimate the fishermen. They can take a tremendous amount of fish.

1 fish limit province wide with minimal testing sounds like a winner.

Have fun Rav for the first couple years!

Then they will very likely be back to shutting them down.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 10-21-2017 at 02:45 PM.