View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 12:30 PM

Ok one last post.

My first encounter I think, was about twenty years ago or so but might have been 25, with a Southern Bio. The testing intervals were the pretty much the same then. And was told that was a budget thing.
Just so you know that this is not new.
And in that time frame populations and pressures have increased a lot.

I am from Lethbridge. I fish the Southern Reservoirs lots.

In a nine year span with only one test period. What could possibly go wrong? See post 142 and 143.

I have to say it, but I dont totally disagree with shutting things down when they are not being monitored very well. Would rather see them error on that side than keeping it open and maybe crashing. Now had it been a 2 year interval for example all those lakes could have gone to 1 fish from 3 and left open to see what the results are(and quite likely would still be good).

And if the test netting was a bad sample due to error or other reasons a second sample (immediate-preferable, or even in 2 years hopefully caught sooner) then waiting for another 5 years.

We also have a new government that might be a little more inclined to help with that.
Is more money and testing the answer?
It could have been.
And it could still be.
But it would still require some other changes.

One other thing, I dont have to convince Rav, Brandon, or the other guy.
I just have to show or convince others of the benefits.

That is all

Edit: I do not work for the government. So the only thing I would get out of this or benefit would be better fishing.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 10-22-2017 at 12:44 PM.