Thread: Barbless Hooks
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 04:40 AM

Default CO

This is my opinion i would definately fight it in court if you pinched and i would be absolutely outraged if he searched my box and gave me a ticket for all the barbed hooks considering it is legal in saskatchewan to fish barbed if he confiscated my lures it would be over a $2000 loss for all my barbed lures. They have no right at all to confiscate lures in your box that are barbed and not in use. Alot of the times when i am fishing i will try one of my lures and debarb it when im ready to fish. I have been checked a few times and no problems for just simply squeezed barbs. Sounds like he was having a bad day If you can take him to court. I Personally think that they should make a huge change to our fishing laws and regulations. I Love fishing in Alberta dont get me wrong but i feel saskatchewan has a far superior fishing system and conservation plan and wish some of the things would be implemented in alberta. Alberta has been ruining some of the lakes by taking away catch limits and making it a draw system. Sure Pigeon Lake is fun and you can go and catch hundreds of fish per day but they are way overstocked and beginning to get diseased and sick the last few times i have fished there over 25% of the walleye were seriously under fed and alot were growing sists and tumors they really need to put a limit on the lake and have a more manageable fish population even if it is only one fish per person i personally rarely keep fish but think it would be extremely good for the lakes populations and to allow the fish to grow faster and be healthier. Pigeon Lake is just one example Pinehurst is another up and comer pinehurst was always a aewsome place to fish and catch nice walleye but now since the limit is 0 without tag it will overpopulate and all you will be able to catch is small underfed walleye . Alberta Needs A change and needs to learn some things from saskatchewan.