View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 10:14 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed View Post
I'm considering taking a few personal days over the next couple of weeks, throwing a tent in the back of my boat and chasing some Walter's and/or Lakers. Right now, I'm staring at a map of Cold Lake. I've never fished up that way before. Thought I might give it a try. With all this hot weather, are the lakers super deep this time of year? I don't have downriggers (yet) but I do enjoy bottom bouncing. Anyone willing to share a couple of hints that would help create a more successful trip?
Jigging works wonders if your into that...TC Moto's have been on fire...I suggest you use the search engine and type in cold lake as there is lots of good threads on what to use etc or go on youtube and watch weaversbentrods lake trout jigging....I was out just recently and had them from 50-140' hitting my apex rainbow trout trolling lure that was behind a willow leaf and a pink lady which is a deep diver you troll to get down 50' ish…..I don't use downriggers....and don't jig much as that's what I do all winter.....use the search engine on this forum type in cold lake...good luck.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...