View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 11:40 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed View Post
Thanks. Yes I've been reading lots of threads on it as well. Many of the tips/hints/etc... were referring to spring/fall. I'm definitely into jigging but I don't have the ability to hold the boat into a specific spot easily in deep water. I'll take a look at some of the jigging rigs used. Perhaps I just have to get a bit heavier.
I appreciate your hints on your experiences.
If you head over to garnet beach (straight across north from provincial park launch on the east side you will see cabins etc) just a little north come off shore 100-150 yards if you don't have a depth/fish finder and use the wind to blow you over that area you will experience 50-140 ish feet of water and seems to hold bait balls there all year long for the most part...now if windy you will have to increase jig weight...fart around in that area and you will catch lakers...just watch where a lot of boats are just sitting...they are jigging with the odd few trolling around those areas too....I have also caught lakers out front of the ski hill area too....head over to the island if weather and boat size permits....up around English bay.....lots of lakers out there and lots of areas to fish.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...