View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Some advice for those looking a mentor don’t be surprised you don’t get a response if your only post is in this thread just before or during hunting season.

You will get more of a response if you take time to interact in the forum so members get an idea what kind of person you are. Also a lot of hunters start by scouting in the off season and are more willing to put in the work involved in the whole process

Personally I have mentored a number of people over the years but only those who put in the effort to come out and learn start to finish. This includes coming out to find their own personal hunting pockets before the season instead of just coming out and being put on a deer or a pocket found for them.

(Before I get the PM asking for this season this means starting early spring not early fall)

This post is not a shot at anyone posting here but instead the complete opposition. I am only giving honest advice that will help in your search. The main thing take time to interact on the forum and ask ? about the style of hunting you want to learn about. Showing drive and willingness to learn will get you a long way. Plus people get to see some of your personality too

I agree 100 %

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk