View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanDoggo View Post
If you have a license for deer but no "tags," does that mean you must get "tags" from an appropriate retailer? Do you have to tell F&W what WMU you want the tags for? Can you switch WMU's mid-season?

Are "tags" for each individual WMU rationed, or are they freely given out. For example, I know you need to draw for a moose in WMU XXX, but if you are just participating in a general season hunt for a white tail, will they stop giving out tags if there are too many?

Another questions about bag limits, not saying I'm going to go out and hunt everything I can that's not what I'm after, but where can I find them for all big game? Deer, black bear, mulies, cougar, wolves and such? I found small bird limits but having difficulty with the big game.

Can you just straight up go for a head shot on big game?

How long does it take to get a "draw?" For example, a moose draw? What is the process for a special license or draw and how often can you expect to get one for the first time?

Personally, I'm more interested in the scouting aspect of hunting. These are just a few questions I've been wondering about lately.
Have you completed the hunters education courses?if not this is your starting point and will answer a lot of questions

The hunting regulations will answer most of your questions this is a good starting point

Draw times vary depending on WMU and species/sex you apply for

Complete the first two things I just mentioned and if you need clarification start a thread regarding your questions