View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post
Well, the county did not plow the access road in, so I had to walk a lot farther than I anticipated and did not get in the property as far as I wanted. Had to trek through varying depths of wet snow (it was raining on and off up there too), 6"-14" in the grass.
That being said, tracks all over the place, deer, moose, saw some grouse even. I did determine I will be able to drive right in, and probably park a trailer at the entrance for longer scouting days. Probably even room for some buddies.
Set up a couple cams. I'll head back in late March when the snow is mostly gone with the quad and delve deeper.
At least now I have first hand sight of the terrain and can project what the balance of the property looks like from Google Earth.
Why bring buddies to your new found honey hole? Great way to have friends of friends out in the area. Keep your footprint small so as not to chase them over to the next quarter. Find the trails and set up your cams off of them. Check them periodically but not over check them.
WDF