View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 04:12 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
I don't know much about picking the burn areas. Since you don't have burn areas... if anyone around there has a mixed bush quarter that cattle use there won't be much underbrush. Sometimes morels grow good in that kind of bush.
Lots of grazing lease land around, I'll try that.
Not much for cattle around aside from the grazing leases.

But I see a lot of burn areas in my travels. Went by at least six this week. Some as recent as this spring, some several years old and everything in between. But I have no idea where to start looking in a burn or how long after the fire.
With my health, I don't want to and probably couldn't do random searches until I figured it out.

On the plus side, we had a fantastic fishing trip. 2 - 24 pound Pike, one 18 pound Pike, four 16 to 17 pound Pike and so many around 15 pounds that we lost count.

I wish we had a week to spend up there. We saw more bunnies then I have seen in years and years, and there were some huge two year old burns close to camp. Not to mention tons of other interesting things to see and do.

Unfortunately some unethical southerners are making folks that live there angry so we may have to find a new place to fish in the next year or two.
Too bad, we've been going there for over thirty years without issues, but it is the way the world is in this modern connected enlightened age.

Now the wackos get to organize and encourage one another and spread their poison to the most remote places.

George Bernard Shaw