View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big4u View Post
PM sent
2Big4U really has helped a bunch with an expanding pole prototype. I'll post more about it after the holidays. Great ideas! If I would have checked my email earlier today, I could have picked up a pole today, but I was avoiding my work email today since I'm off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumtan View Post
http://goodoutdoors.theshoppe.com/ic..._supplies.html I found this website from Sask but it may help with ideas and cost if your looking for icefishing gear/prices. Hope this helps some?
Had a quick look at that site, pretty good ideas. I'm liking the idea of the sled / case combo. Might work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohlic View Post
You might try finding an adjustable clothes hanging rod instead of the plastic pipe... or maybe some electrical conduit
I used a 1" EMT conduit with 3/4" EMT slid into either end. This will work good for now, but the pole from 2big4U will be able to tension the walls apart better.

I'll post pics once I've got it in use! This afternoon I finished the poles, put some velcro flaps over the windows and a few paint touch ups. Might get it out to Pine Lake tommorrow.... We'll see. Thanks again everyone for the suggestions, they've been very helpful.