View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
I've been doing a little reading on the comparison of the a muzzleloader and a 30.30, since it was brought up on here. Not to go off topic, kinda, but why can't a 30.30 be used in a muzzleloader season, when everything is almost identical in stats??? muck like xbows and bows. the only difference again would be " draw " or loading i guess! Just seems like another good argument.

I don't understand the harm in having a xbow and muzzleloader season combined. It would solve every argument pro and against .
I'm back beotches!

Hey, don't get so excited folks, it won't be for long.

a single shot 250 yrd muzzleloader still burns powder and goes bang, and someone here killed 3 wolves one right after the other with one....so it may be a bit slow to reload but if you can kill 3 wolves with one at one go then they can't be that slow lol

i'm a gear junky myself so if they want to separate the seasons beyond fffft vs bang then bring it on, right now one of the fffft's is in the with bang's though....lets fix that first, then the more weapon specific breakdown seasons bring it, gives perfect excuse to buy more toys and try it all out....it all works for me

then one could argue that primitive archery could have extra time and no draws as you've got about a 25 yrd weapon there, and if range and or noise and or if repeater or not are all part of the qualifications to make all these different little sub-seasons then i'm all for it

for simpleness if we can afford to only have the ffft's in a season that suites their limits and another that suites the limits of the bang's then thats okay too, still seems to be enough other special seasons with mixed bag weapons choices to keep things interesting and busy enough to extending overall hunting time and opportunity, i'm kinda digging these late season opportunities with the mixed bag bows and short range boomsticks etc.