View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bit Runner. View Post
Dave, Its a statement that goes with my whole post,You obviously never read the whole thing or your stupid comment on my post would not be here.

Let me ask you one question. Do you think the crossbow has a huge advantage on the situation in my last post? Just a ohnest answer would be great. Of course you and everyother person on here would say YES to that answer. How could you not!!!!!!!!!
Hate to rain on your parade bit but it's pretty hard to rest a crossbow on a tree or even get behind a tree to shoot. Horizontal limbs add an entirely new set of issues to deal with. For every instance of a crossbow having an advantage, you could list one where a compound would have an advantage. They are large, wide, cumbersome, heavy objects that are not well suited to still hunting or spot and stalk. For all the guys that say if they'd have had a crossbow they could have made kills...there is no way you could know that. You might not have even have been able to get in that position with a crossbow. Unlike a gun, you just can't lean up against a tree or shoot between some branches or swing it around to shoot. It just doesn't work that way. Crossbows require a ton of clearance on all sides to work.

Last edited by sheephunter; 12-17-2010 at 07:43 PM.