View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bit Runner. View Post
Exactly!!! On the ground is where the huge diifernce is. Like i said before you might as well have a gun in your hand when hunting with a cross bow in archery season. When your busted by a 340 bull at 10 yards and you could not draw your bow prior or you had it drawn and he took to long to get into the shooting lane and now you have to let down,compared to just resting your arm on a tree at full draw for ever if needed with your cross bow looking through your SCOPE and just pulling the trigger.hmmmm yep like i said might as well have a 300 win mag in archery season. What a fricken joke!!!!!!!!!
99% hunter, 1% tool, the guy who's figured out how to repeatedly call in bull elk and is already getting the chances has probably figured out how to kill them with whatever is in his hands too, calling in several bulls a day....crossbow might get you one on the second bull instead of the third (hypothetical to your one situation)....but don't get the jitters and blow it with your first shot, then your caller stops the bull for a second shot and your trying to reload your crossbow....ha.....good luck with that.....for every scenerio there is another where the compound would be the better choice, it absolutely is the more versatile weapon over the crossbow.....ask yourself, how many hardcore elk guys are going to head to the field with a crossbow anyhow? none you know....whats the worry?, we hardcore guys like our compounds, there will be plenty of other places and types of hunting for where the crossbow will shine but when it gets to nitty gritty bowhunting your likely only going to run into guys with compounds....why? because its the better tool for more situations overall

there is nothing to be scared of here, just another bow, stepping out from behind a tree with vertical bow just enough to shoot is an advantage....better stand back with the horizontal bow, its never ending...one can do this better, one can do that better, blah blah, harvest stats same so all are silly arguments.....i'd rather be able to reload quickly and shoot again as many times you do get a second chance, if even to throw a finisher into something, the compound is way more versatile, quieter, lighter, holds energy down range better.....there is a long list of pros for the compound over the crossbow, once you learn about the tool it becomes very not scary, more pain in arse tool if you ask me, i think you'd have more to consider at 'go time' then with compound....but could be because i'm really used to my compound, i'd be worried a bunch about what those limbs might come in contact with etc., it would be a new learning curve figuring out the true field limitations/tricks with one of those.....compounds are slick, they are in line with you, most vegitation/trees etc. is inline with you also....makes it something you don't have to think about much, the list goes on